Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Revizzzzz

I haven't posted in a while because all I've been doing is revise. Revise, revise, revise.

Revise?
Revise.

Revise: revise; revise (revise) ... revise.

And while it sort of feels good to sharpen, rework, question, tighten, polish ... it does get tedious and it is slow. So exceeding slow.

In some cases "revision" just means confirming that I'm happy with what's already there. More of a questioning. But in other cases there are scenes removed; characters enriched; motivations pulled like deep-rooted molars from my head and carefully inserted into the story so it all. makes. sense.

It is slow and hard but it does seem to be better. But O how I ache to break open the seal on the first draft of the next book, which has been lying dormant for nearly two months now. Soon, precious. Soon.

1 comment:

Babs said...

Like writing, producing and editing a video, and re-editing, and re-editing. How do you know when enough is enough?